Robe RoboSpot Base Station
Introducing the revolutionary RoboSpot follow spot system, a device that allows follow spot operators to remotely control up to 12 fixtures simultaneously without the safety concerns and impracticality of placing personnel at the top venues such as stadiums, indoor arenas, concert halls, theatres, TV and film sets. Stunning visual displays are now possible with as many as 12 perfectly synchronised fixtures following a performer across the stage.
With the RoboSpot follow spot system it is no longer necessary to send operators into the rafters of venues to operate heavy and cumbersome traditional follow spot fixtures that take up valuable space in the world’s live entertainment venues. Operators can now safely control multiple fixtures such as the BMFL range of products (exc. BMFL Wash), Esprite, T1 Profile, T1 Profile FS, DL7S, DL4S, iPointe, MegaPointe, Pointe, Viva CMY, SilverScan, Tarrantula, Spiider and LEDBeam 150 from any location within the venue, reducing set-up times and operating costs.
The Robe RoboSpot system features a BaseStation with a large 15.6-inch HD touch screen for the operator to observe the performance from a “first person” viewpoint and a full range of hand controls for operating the fixtures such as pan, tilt, intensity, focus, faders and many others, all of which are fully customisable for the operator’s benefit. The screen receives the live video feed from the RoboSpot MotionCamera or from the fixture-mounted RoboSpot camera and the operator’s commands are instantly transferred to the luminaires via DMX control with no lag for perfect motion tracking across the stage.
Extra controls are available through the touch screen display as well as four programmable jog-wheels with an additional 10 fully configurable buttons for a truly customised user experience. The remote lighting desk still retains control of the internal features of the fixtures such as light intensity and colour. All these features combine to make RoboSpot an innovative follow spot system.
- 15.6″ monitor
- QVGA Robe touch screen with battery backup
- 4 control jog-wheels
- 10 preset buttons with a direct access of the pre-programmed features
- Activation & Blackout buttons
- Pan & Tilt freeze buttons
- Manual movement control with position indication on the screen
- 2 faders mounted on the handles with direct control of the key features 0-100% /for example dimmer and iris), assignable to any BMFL properties (focus, zoom, frost, etc)
- User setting of controllable attributes
- Saving and uploading of custom settings
- Compatible with the ROBE BMFL FollowSpot / FollowSpot LT incl. RoboSpot Camera, BMFL Spot, BMFL Blade, BMFL WashBeam, Esprite, T1 Profile, T1 Profile FS, DL7S, DL4S, iPointe, MegaPointe, Pointe, Viva CMY, SilverScan, Tarrantula, Spiider and LEDBeam 150, when the RoboSpot MotionCamera is connected to the RoboSpot BaseStation
- One RoboSpot can control up to 12 fixtures
Compatible Fixtures TMS Carries